In this post i show how to make :
Recipe for dark or white chocolat cupcakes :
- 100g butter or margarine
- 100g muscovado sugar
- 100g self-raising flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 50g dark or white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 300g dark chocolate for the icing
- 50g butter
How to make ?
- Make the dark chocolate cupcakes
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (Electric oven | Electric fan oven 160°C | Gas Mark 4) and place 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Using an electric whisk, food processor or wooden spoon, beat the butter or margarine, sugar and cocoa powder until very light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each one in well before adding the next.
- Carefully fold in the flour (and baking powder if using).
- Melt the chocolate and fold in to the mixture. Then thin the mixture with the milk.
- Alternatively, you can mix the ingredients together using a food processor. Use the pulse button to mix together in between adding the ingredients in the order above.
- Bake in the oven for 10 - 20 minutes. After 10 minutes, check to see if the chocolate cupcakes are ready by inserting a cocktail stick into one of the cupcakes. If it comes out dry then the cupcakes are done. If not, then back in the oven for a few minutes more. Don't overcook the chocolate cupcakes otherwise they will dry out. Lift the cupcakes out of the muffin tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the dark chocolate icing
- Place the dark chocolate and butter in the microwave until just melted - a minute should do.
- Using an electric whisk, food processor or wooden spoon, beat the mixture until combined.
- When the cakes are cool, drizzle some chocolate icing mixture over the top of each cupcake. These chocolate cupcakes are best eaten on the day they are made.